2020 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
The standard 2020 BMW X5 towing capacity comes in at 6,603 pounds, but the driver who opts for the BMW X5 tow package can push that limit a little higher, up to 7,200 pounds. Either way, you’ll have more than enough power to plan more exciting adventures near Chino Hills and Corona.
Interested in learning more? Explore its engines and performance specs so you can prepare for the heavy lifting ahead.
BMW X5 Performance Specs
Standard rear-wheel drive and an 8-speed automatic transmission make it easy to get up to speed, even when you’re carrying a heavy load. All models other than the base include BMW xDrive all-wheel drive as standard, but you’ll still need to consider all of your engine options in order to ensure the perfect drive. Here’s what you should know:
- The BMW X5 sDrive40i includes a 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine. With this option equipped, you’ll enjoy 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque.
- The BMW X5xDrive50i includes a 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine. 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque will make your drives even more enjoyable.
- The high-end BMW X5 M50i includes a 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8engine with even more impressive outputs, up to 523 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque.
Keep in mind that an additional plug-in hybrid X5 configuration is now available. You’ll enjoy up to 389 horsepower with the systems in the X5 xDrive45e.
BMW X5 Tow Package
No matter which trim level you end up settling on, you’ll need to opt for the BMW X5 tow package in order to experience everything your X5 can do! The most important inclusion in this package is the BMW X5 tow hitch, a Class III attachment that allows you to handle a heavier load and replaces the foot-activated tailgate. It starts at $550.
BMW X5 Off-Road Package
The most adventurous drivers in Ontario and Upland will also want to consider the BMW X5 Off-Road Package, which starts at $3,950. With this optional feature group equipped, you’ll enjoy:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension, which allows you to increase your ground clearance by up to 1.6 inches while travelling or crawling at low speeds.
- xOffRoad Features, including front and rear underguards, a mechanical differential lock, and the option to switch between four different driving modes, optimized for sand, rocks, gravel, and snow.
- The M Sport Differential, an electronically-controlled locking differential that can improve your control and handling, even when you aren’t venturing off the beaten path.
Explore the BMW X5 accessories to get an even better sense of what you need!
Your Ticket to Adventure is Here at BMW of Ontario
Now that you’ve had a chance to explore the BMW X5 towing capacity in depth, we know you’re going to be eager to see what this SAV® can do. Explore our new X5 inventory or reach out directly to schedule a test drive you’ll never forget. If you’d also consider a sedan, our new BMW 5 Series lease specials will let you bring more features home for less.
More About BMW X5 Features
For sporty sophistication inside and out the 2021 BMW X5 is ready for your Chino Hills drives. You’ll enjoy premium features, such as a Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System and a large panoramic moonroof for sweeping skyward views as you cruise through Corona. Take a look inside the BMW X5 interior with BMW of Ontario. Learn More…
For the 2020 model year, the BMW X3 towing capacity can reach up to 4,400 pounds. That much is true no matter which trim you choose, but upgrading with a stronger engine is still a great idea for the driver who plans to do a lot of heavy lifting. If you’re getting ready to upgrade,…
Learn More View Inventory The standard 2020 BMW X5 towing capacity comes in at 6,603 pounds, but the driver who opts for the BMW X5 tow package can push that limit a little higher, up to 7,200 pounds. Either way, you’ll have more than enough power to plan more exciting adventures near Chino Hills and Corona….
The latest BMW X5 offers tons of standard features and amenities, but what if you want to give your model a little bit of unique flair? If that’s the case, you’ll want to search for a few select BMW accessories at our Ontario BMW parts department! We know everything there is to know about outfitting…